Unifi Foundation Competition on "HOW TO MAKE INDIA A GREENER SOCIETY"
Our environment is significantly being degraded due to man-made actions. The impact of this is being felt by us in our daily lives in the form of Air pollution, Water shortage, Soil degradation and Rise in temperature. The broad reasons for this are due to the pollution of the Atmosphere, huge amount of Waste being generated by households & businesses & indiscriminate exploitation of Water & Land. All these have impacted the quality of our life & have resulted in scarcity of basic resources for a significant segment of the population. To make life more habitable for all of us requires a paradigm shift on how we as a society consume & protect the natural resources provided by nature.
Under this backdrop Unifi Foundation is pleased to announce its competition for detailed suggestions on "How to make India a Greener society."
Suggested themes for this could be in area of :-
- Any other aspect which you think is relevant.
Note: This competition is open only for people residing in India.
Suggestions will be judged on the following criteria:
1. Likely to succeed in achieving intended objective
2. Addresses Green/environmental issues.
3. Idea is innovative, new and/or an improvement on existing knowledge or approach.
4. Idea is innovative,new and/or on improvement on existing knowledge or approach (sample green business models)
5. The idea is clearly presented.
Consider the following when putting together your suggestion:
• What issue does the project explore; What is the specific problem? Why is it important?
• What are you wanting to do? What is the outcome you are providing?
• How do you propose to achieve the outcome? What actions will be necessary, and what actions will you be undertaking (if not to finalise the solution and   outcome, to set the steps in motion)
• Implications: how is the project of significance and hint at future developments
a) The winner will be awarded Rs One Lakh (Rs 1,00,000) cash prize.
b) Entries in the top 20 percent will be considered for publication in a booklet and presented to policy makers connected with the environment. The entries would be evaluated by a committee of distinguished professors of The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) which is a leading think tank dedicated to conducting research for sustainable development of India and the Global South.
Deadline for participation
a) 30th November, 2016
About Unifi Foundation
Unifi Foundation has been involved in the areas of pediatric health, improving quality of primary education for the underprivileged, promoting contemporary arts and select sports. With this evening’s forum we hope to initiate a new and exciting step towards expanding our role in society. We believe that empowering India’s successful people and knowledgeable minds to explore new, different and diverse ways of engaging with the economy will eventually foster innovative solutions for inclusive growth. We hope to be a catalyst in our quest for progress. Unifi Foundation sincerely believes that true change in society can be inspired through examples set by a few great leaders such as Dr.Kalam; and when this change percolates to society's grapevine - society and culture undergo transformation leading eventually to a more secure and happier nation.
7) Unifi Foundation will not be responsible or liable for any problem, loss or damage of whatsoever nature suffered by any party due to any delay and/or failure in submitting entries to the competition.
8) Unifi Foundation will not be responsible or liable for any costs, problems, damage or loss of whatsoever nature to the participants resulting from their participation in the competition.
9) Unifi Foundation reserve the right to disqualify any participant that they determine are submitting material that is deemed to be offensive.
10) Any form of plagiarism will result in automatic disqualification. It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure that their essay does not infringe the copyright of any third party or any other laws.
11) By entering, the entrants agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes during this competition.
12) Submission of an entry will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
13) Unifi Foundation reserve the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering the prize) if, in their sole discretion, the competition is not capable of being conducted as specified.